VMware Workstation 10.1 release
Posted by essjae on October 24, 2013
VMware Workstation 10.0.1 is a maintenance release that resolves some known issues. It is a free update for all VMware Workstation 10 users.
The following issues are resolved in this release of VMware Workstation.
- Easy Install supports RTM versions of Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2
Easy Install now supports RTM versions of Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Workstation or Player on Windows freezes if another application is frozen.
Other stuck Windows applications could cause Workstation or Player to freeze while waiting for the application to respond.
- Virtual machine hangs when powering off
Rarely, virtual machines will cease functioning (hang) while powering off, particularly if the guest OS was in the middle of a BSOD or kernel panic.
- Improved compatibility with some AMD CPUs
Updated masking to match capabilities of certain AMD PileDriver CPUs.
- Virtual machines displayed incorrectly on a multi-monitor Windows host when the displays have differing pixel density (DPI.)
- Boot from CD/DVD when Legacy Floppy is disabled