VMware Workstation 11.1.0 Released
Posted by essjae on February 18, 2015
First update for Workstation 11
This release of VMware Workstation adds support for VMware vCloud Air Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand and includes bug fixes.
About Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand
Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand is a secure, pay-as-you-go, cloud computing service offered by VMware that gives IT organizations a VMware compatible platform to create virtual machines, dynamically scale virtual machines and resources up or down, and pay for resources allocated.
- Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand provides on-demand resources with granular metering and usage-based billing.
- Resources are pool-based, allowing deployment of virtual machines with customized configurations.
- Costs are billed monthly only for the aggregate amount of resources consumed across all of your virtual machines.
- On-demand resources complement the subscription services for vCloud Air.
The following issues were resolved in VMware Workstation 11.1.
- A Linux guest OS booted on EFI firmware sometimes failed to respond to the keyboard and mouse if any mouse motion occurred during a short window of time during OS boot. This issue has been resolved.
- Outlook 2010 would occasionally crash when running in Unity mode. This issue has been resolved.
- You could not compact or defragment a persistent disk. This issue has been resolved.
- The UI sometimes crashed when a user copied and pasted a file between two Windows guests. This issue has been resolved.
- Rendering corruption in UI elements in Fedora 20 guests with 3D enabled has been resolved.
- When creating a new virtual machine with SUSE Linux Enterprise (SLE) 12, the Easy Install path was not available. This issue has been resolved.