Posted by essjae on April 10, 2013
I was looking through some old emails last night and came across this one from Hotmail in 2003 (note it’s MB not GB, and they used “thrice” in a sentence!):
Sent: Sat 8/30/2003
Dear MSN Extra Storage subscriber,
Thank you for subscribing to MSN® Extra Storage! Now you can enjoy great benefits such as:
- 10MB of MSN Hotmail® storage — with 5 times the storage of a free Hotmail account, you have plenty of room to store important e-mail and large attachments such as photos. Plus, you can send and receive larger attachments up to 3MB – thrice the size you can send and receive with a free Hotmail account.
- No MSN Hotmail account expiration — as an MSN Extra Storage subscriber, you don’t have to worry about signing in every 30 days to ensure that your Hotmail account stays active.
Posted in Computers, General | Tagged: email, webmail | Leave a Comment »
Posted by essjae on April 9, 2013
I went over to Parallels tonight to search for some info and found that their website only mentions the Mac product.
I dug a little deeper in the support forums and found this sad little post:
Parallels Workstation – End of Purchase or Renewal Ability Notification
We are ending sales of our Parallels Workstation product lines in order to focus on some different market segments and products. Effective immediately, you will no longer be able to purchase new licenses or renew maintenance on the following products:
· Parallels Workstation
· Parallels Workstation Extreme
What does it mean for you?
* Parallels will no longer release patches or updates for these products;
* Parallels Support will not be able to escalate the requests to the development team for patches/fixes which are not covered in existing version/build of the product.
* If you have a personal Support Plan, please contact your Parallels sales representative or one of the Parallels offices.
I wanted Parallels and the Workstation product to succeed, but you can only ignore a product and customers for so long.
Posted in Linux, Parallels, Virtualization, Windows | Tagged: Linux, Parallels, Virtualization, Windows | Leave a Comment »