Posted by essjae on September 27, 2013
I stumbled across these two relatively new distros in my search for a Windows replacement.
Kwheezy is a great distro, almost everything you need is pre-installed and it’s got some great eye-candy. http://www.kwheezy.com/en/. Here’s a good review of Kwheezy: http://mylinuxexplore.blogspot.com/2013/08/kwheezy-11-review-good-debian-spin-for.html
SolydXK isn’t quite the “everything but the kitchen sink” distro, but it’s also a really good option. http://www.solydxk.com
Both are based on Debian’s stable branch. Kwheezy 1.2 is based on Debian 7.1.
I’m really leaning toward one of these two for a full install on my secondary machine…potentially replacing the Windows 7 install, but definitely a dual boot install.
Posted in Linux | Tagged: Debian, kwheezy, Linux, solydxk | Leave a Comment »
Posted by essjae on November 10, 2012
How to add a user to the sudoers list:
- Open a Root Terminal and type visudo (to access and edit the list)
- Using the up/down arrows, navigate to the bottom of the sudoers file that is now displayed in the terminal
- Just under the line that looks like the following:
root ALL=(ALL) ALL
- Add the following (replacing user with your actual username):
user ALL=(ALL) ALL
- Now press Ctrl+X and press Y when promted to save
That’s it, your new user now has root privileges!
Example Sudoers Screenshot:
Posted in CrunchBang (#!), Linux | Tagged: #!, Debian, Linux | Leave a Comment »