Posted by essjae on April 23, 2014
I purchased the Dell Wireless Touchpad sometime last year after I moved my primary workstation to Windows 8. I didn’t really start using it much until lately.
I’ve found it’s a great add-on to the mouse and keyboard when working with Windows 8 on a multi-screen setup.
I mainly use it for the left and right edge sweep to get to the Charms bar or to switch between programs. I wouldn’t give up my mouse for this, but it’s definitely a value add for only $30.
Posted in Accessories, Dell, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 | Tagged: Accessories, Dell, Touchpad, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 | Leave a Comment »
Posted by essjae on April 22, 2014
in my earlier post, Windows 8: Tweaks, I mentioned a Registry fix for the fat border issue with Windows 8.
I’ve found a simpler solution, there is a little tool, Tiny Windows Borders for Windows 8
This is a GUI interface for adjusting the Border Width and Border Padding for Windows 8.x. Easier than messing with RegEdit!
Also, if you want to slim down those outrageous title bars in Windows 8, the process is simple as well.
Right-Click the desktop, select Personalize, Click Display on the left side of the Personalization Window. (Per feedback, I’m including more pictures in my posts.)
Next, under Change only the text size, select Title Bars and reduce the font size to your desired size, even going down to 10 makes a visible difference.
Also, another thing I like to do after I install Start8 or StartIsBack is to restore the quick launch menu. I have had this tip on my old website www.essjae.com for a long time, but here it is again.
- Right-click the Taskbar, select Toolbars–>New Toolbar.
- In Folder text box copy and paste the following:
%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
- Right-click the Taskbar, uncheck Lock the Taskbar, and right-click on the new Quick Launch toolbar. Uncheck Show Text and Show Title, click View–>Small Icons
- Drag the toolbar divider all the way to the left of the taskbar to position it next to the Windows Orb, adjust the spacing on the taskbar as necessary
- End result:
- Note: the default quick launch is pretty slim, most of the icons above were manually added
Posted in Computers, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 | Tagged: Display, Personalization, Windows, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 | Leave a Comment »