Posted by essjae on September 14, 2016
- Support for Windows 10 Anniversary Update
- Support for Windows Server 2016
Also included are bug fixes, security updates, and performance improvements.
Full Release Notes here: http://www.vmware.com/products/workstation.html
Posted in Uncategorized, Virtualization, VMWare, Windows 10, Windows 2016, Windows 2016 | Tagged: Virtualization, VM Ware, Win7, Workstation | Leave a Comment »
Posted by essjae on September 1, 2015
A little late, I know!
Also, VMware Workstation Player (formerly known as Player Pro) – See more
Player, Workstation, and Workstation Player Comparison
|VMware Workstation 12 Pro | 24 AUG 2015 | Build 2985596
Last updated: 26 AUG 2015
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
What’s in the Release Notes
The release notes cover the following topics:
About VMware Workstation Pro
VMware Workstation Pro enables technical professionals to develop, test, demonstrate, and deploy software by running multiple x86-based Windows, Linux, and other operating systems simultaneously on the same PC.
You can replicate server, desktop, and tablet environments in a virtual machine and allocate multiple processor cores, gigabytes of main memory and graphics memory to each virtual machine, whether the VM resides on a personal PC or on a private enterprise cloud.
For more information, see the broader VMware Workstation documentation or specifically the VMware Workstation 12 Pro Documentation Center.
The following support is new in Workstation 12 Pro:
- Full support of Windows 10
VMware Workstation Pro provides the following support for Windows 10:
- Run Windows 10 as a virtual machine
- Run Windows 10 as a host operating system
- Windows 10 Auto Detect and Easy Install
- Unity support for Windows 10
- Migrate Windows 10 PC to a virtual machine
- New guest operating systems support
Support has been added for the following operating systems:
- Ubuntu 15.04
- Fedora 22
- CentOS 7.1
- RHEL 7.1
- Oracle Linux 7.1
- VMware Project Photon
- Advanced graphics
Support has been added for the following standards:
- Performance improvements for suspending and resuming encrypted virtual machines
- Improved vCloud Air Integration (Workstation Pro on Windows only)
- Power operation on remote virtual machines
- Enhanced user experience
- Support IPv6 NAT network
- Tear away tabs
You can drag open tabs out of the Workstation Pro window into new or already existing Workstation Pro windows.
- Automatically suspend virtual machines upon host shutdown
- Support 4K monitors with high resolution UI
- Support for multiple monitors with different DPI settings
- Echo cancellation for voice and video calls with Microsoft Lync and Skype
- Added USB 3.0 support to Windows 7 virtual machines (with the latest Intel USB driver)
- Improved standard installer
- Added NAT network configuration in Virtual Network Editor on Linux hosts
- Respect left-handed mouse setting on Windows host
The following features have reached end of life in Workstation 12 Pro and have been removed:
- Unity mode on Linux guest and host operating systems
- Integrated Virtual Debugger Visual Studio
- Connection to the VMware vCloud Air subscription service (The VMware vCloud Air OnDemand service is still fully supported)
Posted in Virtualization, VMWare, Workstation | Tagged: Player, Virtualization, VM Ware, vmware, Workstation | Leave a Comment »
Posted by essjae on October 24, 2013
VMware Workstation 10.1 update released
VMware Workstation 10.0.1 is a maintenance release that resolves some known issues. It is a free update for all VMware Workstation 10 users.
The following issues are resolved in this release of VMware Workstation.
- Easy Install supports RTM versions of Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2
Easy Install now supports RTM versions of Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Workstation or Player on Windows freezes if another application is frozen.
Other stuck Windows applications could cause Workstation or Player to freeze while waiting for the application to respond.
- Virtual machine hangs when powering off
Rarely, virtual machines will cease functioning (hang) while powering off, particularly if the guest OS was in the middle of a BSOD or kernel panic.
- Improved compatibility with some AMD CPUs
Updated masking to match capabilities of certain AMD PileDriver CPUs.
- Virtual machines displayed incorrectly on a multi-monitor Windows host when the displays have differing pixel density (DPI.)
- Boot from CD/DVD when Legacy Floppy is disabled
Posted in Virtualization, VMWare | Tagged: Virtualization, VM Ware, vmware, Workstation | Leave a Comment »