Posted by essjae on October 25, 2013
Just saw the Facebook posting of how great the Surface Pro 2’s pen is, and I thought that I must really have a really poor digitizer on my original Surface Pro. I followed the link to the Wacom site and found a new driver. Installed it and my pen is much more accurate now than it was. There’s a new calibration process as well. If your Surface Pro pen experience is lacking, give this a try!
TABLET PC – Enhanced Tablet Driver 7.1.2
Expand the capabilities of your Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 tablet computer. Installing this driver will provide many advanced pressure-sensitive features that Wacom pen tablet users have come to enjoy. The driver supports advanced features such as pressure-sensitivity in graphics applications such as Adobe Photoshop and Corel Painter. It also allows you to adjust the pen tip pressure sensitivity and to program the side switch of the pen for a wide range of alternative settings and functions.
This driver should be installed on tablets that have Wacom feel IT technologies or Wacom Pen based technologies. This driver will also support older Penabled Tablet PCs running Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP Tablet Edition.
- Click on the Download link and save the file to your computer. If you are upgrading from a previous Wacom driver version, uninstall that driver first for best results. Restart the system prior to installing the new driver.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to launch the installer and follow the prompts.
- If prompted, restart the system by clicking the Ok button.
View the Driver Read Me information
Posted in Computers, Surface Pro, Windows 8 | Tagged: Microsoft, surface pro, Windows 8 | Leave a Comment »
Posted by essjae on October 24, 2013
VMware Workstation 10.1 update released
VMware Workstation 10.0.1 is a maintenance release that resolves some known issues. It is a free update for all VMware Workstation 10 users.
The following issues are resolved in this release of VMware Workstation.
- Easy Install supports RTM versions of Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2
Easy Install now supports RTM versions of Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Workstation or Player on Windows freezes if another application is frozen.
Other stuck Windows applications could cause Workstation or Player to freeze while waiting for the application to respond.
- Virtual machine hangs when powering off
Rarely, virtual machines will cease functioning (hang) while powering off, particularly if the guest OS was in the middle of a BSOD or kernel panic.
- Improved compatibility with some AMD CPUs
Updated masking to match capabilities of certain AMD PileDriver CPUs.
- Virtual machines displayed incorrectly on a multi-monitor Windows host when the displays have differing pixel density (DPI.)
- Boot from CD/DVD when Legacy Floppy is disabled
Posted in Virtualization, VMWare | Tagged: Virtualization, VM Ware, vmware, Workstation | Leave a Comment »
Posted by essjae on October 22, 2013
Hyper-v Architecture Poster
Provides a visual reference for understanding key Hyper-V technologies in Windows Server 2012 R2 and focuses on Generation 2 virtual machines, Hyper-V with virtual hard disk sharing, online virtual hard disk resizing, storage quality-of-service, enhanced session mode, live migration, Hyper-V failover clustering, and upgrading your private cloud.
Windows Server 2012 R2 NIC Teaming Deployment and Management guide
Download this document to learn how to deploy and manage NIC Teaming, a Windows Server 2012 R2 High Speed Networking component.
Posted in Hyper-V, Virtualization | Tagged: Hyper-V, Hyper-V 3.0, Microsoft, Virtualization | Leave a Comment »
Posted by essjae on October 15, 2013
VirtualBox 4.3.0 major release now available
VirtualBox 4.3.0 (released 2013-10-15)
This version is a major update. The following major new features were added:
- VMM: major rewrite of the VT-x code and the AMD-V code including many bug fixes and performance improvements (for example bug #9659)
- VMM: introduced a lightweight instruction interpreter for situations not handled by hardware virtualization
- GUI: extended messaging mechanism (new non-modal popup overlays used to show non-critical warnings and provide user with additional information)
- GUI: keyboard shortcuts management (input page of global preferences extended with possibility to edit general keyboard shortcuts for VirtualBox Manager and Virtual Machine)
- GUI: video capturing support (bug #4766)
- Added USB touch device emulation
- Added experimental support for webcam passthrough complementing USB passthrough (see the manual for more information)
- Added SCSI CD-ROM emulation, including boot support
- VRDP: support for IPv6
- Guest Control: guest sessions now are running in dedicated, impersonated session processes (needs at least Guest Additions 4.3 installed)
- Guest Control: implemented IGuestFile support
- NAT: experimental virtual router mode: several VMs are attached to the same internal network and share one NAT service (see the manual for more information)
Posted in VirtualBox, Virtualization | Tagged: vbox, VirtualBox, Virtualization | Leave a Comment »